Valhalla wants to help support active families! Getting kids involved in fitness early is essential to help combat childhood obesity, and to foster healthy life-time habits. However, when it comes to workout options for youth, care must be given as it is inappropriate to give a child a less intense version of an adult-type workout. There are many things to consider.
Youth (Ages 9-14) at Valhalla must:
- Fill out our Youth Guest Form at the front desk
- Choice of two memberships:
- Purchase a Kids Fitness Punch Card, or
- Become a Member with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Ages 9-12: Must have a parent or guardian with them on the floor at all times.
Ages 13-14: If the child wants to work out in our facility without a parent or guardian present, they are REQUIRED to attend a complimentary evaluation.
-In a complimentary 1A appointment (evaluation):
Youth will be assessed with a trainer. The trainer will go over your child’s goals, preferences, health history, level of development and body awareness.
- -The trainer’s assessment will determine…
- What areas of the gym he/she will be permitted to work out in by themselves.
- What equipment and types of exercises he/she will be recommended to do.
- If the youth may work out alone or with adult supervision.
If more in-depth WEIGHT TRAINING is desired:
- We want to ensure they get the proper guidance and routine appropriate for their goals, age, and development:
-Trainer will recommend the following:
- Full $25 Program Design. This appointment is approximately 60 minutes with a trainer. A complete, individualized workout routine will be developed and showed to the youth. This is typically for a very athletic child, training for a specific sport or for a child with specific goals or limitations requiring more individualized attention and time. The youth will be able to then use this workout card as a guide for workouts, either solo or with adult supervision as deemed necessary by the trainer.
For participation in Scheduled Group Exercise Classes: Adult classes- Age 15 and up may participate at the discretion of the Group Exercise instructor.
Kids Fit Classes- Age 8-15
- Membership, FPC or paid day visit required to attend classes